Found this book Every Monday Matters by Matthew Emerzian and Kelly Bozza. As I have purused the book, I have decided to create a ETM blog series, Every Tuesday Matters, since I missed getting started on Monday.
Quote: Everyone has the POWER OF GREATNESS. Not for fame, but greatness. Because greatness is determined by SERVICE. -Dr ML King, Jr.
So from the first make today matter here are some facts:
Average person spends:
- 100 hrs a yr commuting to work compared to 80 hrs of vacation time.
- 91 hrs a week at work for dual-career couples with kids
- 1.8hrs a day doing household activities
- 2.6 hrs a day watching tv
- 8.6hrs a day sleeping
WOW! This is alot of time we spend on stuff. And this is a wonderful thought and it has been a part of my life even though I haven’t had these words:Time is a non-renewable resource. Once it’s used up, you can’t get it back.
How many times have we regretted not taking the time to do something like make that phone call to a friend or sending a text of encouragement to a niece or nephew? We use time on things that matter to us: family, friends, prayer life, worship, work, play etc… But is that all? Hmm, I wonder?
So for this week I challenge you:
- Stop & think…make a list of what matters most
- Create a list of how you spend your time each week
- Organize: what is required and what are optional & wastes time
- Rearrange schedule and reduce optional stuff
- Spend more time on what matters most
- Don’t waste time!
Are you up to the challenge? I am going to try. Leave comments on your progress. This is the beginning of something new!
Time spent on what matters most is never a waste of time.